Monday, October 25, 2004

FUN FUN FUN!!

There is this guy staying at the hotel, he is a photographer who works for a traveling photo studio and he is using one of our rooms as a studio. All day families come in and get their picture taken, and I told him I am a photographer, and he invited me to sit in with him while he does his thing. The idea of being at the hotel for hours after I didn'thave to... didn't sit well, but I was interested, so I came home, changed, blogged, and went back. It was really slow for like 2 hours. But then it picked up. I got there at 4 and stayed until 8. I learned a lot from this guy. Lighting large groups, positioning the camera around them, and how to pose people. He also knew how to make everyone laugh and smile. It was fun!! He was all into teaching me stuff, between families, he showed me all his equipment and how everything worked. He let me (well more like MADE me) help him during shoots like moving people around, asking me questions on what I think he should do and if I was wrong he would tell me why, and how to correct it (not that I was wrong often, mind you) He was a good teacher and I hope I get to see him tomrrow. He was this cute old guy, like 65, who was crunched over and walked with a cane and had really bad teeth and he talks with a really bad southern draw. I'm sure with all the traveling he does, it is a relieve to actually have a converstion with someone. Opposed to "move your head, stand still, spit your gum out, look at me, now smile... SMILE! BIGGER!"

3 comments:

Stonegateguy said...

how cool is that! yey for you ... april you are gonna be the best photographer arround! that takes guts to go back to work when you dont have to be there.... but that had to be fun.... well more fun then what i did ... wich was laundry (yucky!)

Mrs S said...

Thats so cool!! You should give me some of the tips he told you. However, I can't help saying it, Was he hitting on you?

April said...

Hitting on me? EWWWWW He is like 500 years old and smells like old spice and whiskey!