Thursday, December 25, 2008

fa la la la la laaaaaaaa

Merry Christmas!! So here I am at work, yeah I know.... I should be working, and I am, but C'Mon, it IS Christmas...

There are these 2 rooms right now that have like 20 people combined (it seems like that many anyway) the parents are upstairs drinking and the kids keep coming down in the lobby to get coffee and in the process make a mess of the coffee station, computer desk (which they shouldn't be at in the first place and have been told this) and move from table to table in the lobby, leaving a trail or cups, straws, creamers, sugar, napkins etc as they go. Some of the family is also in the pool area splashing water EVERYWHERE and for some reason, even though they are the only family using the pool, every single pool towel has made its way on every chair in the room, and on the floor and in the hot tub. The girls filled cups with ice and were running around the hallways throwing it at eachother, now there are puddles of water on the tile, and ice on the carpet. They are being more messy than a weekend FULL of people. They keep calling asking for things and I'm just like "MAKE A LIST AND THEN CALL DOWN!" Instead of calling down every 5 minutes and asking me to bring up yet ANOTHER thing to your room... better yet, drag your butt down here and get it from me.

Christmas rant over.

I shouldn't be complaining, I'm only here for 4 hours today, and it is REALLY slow, so its not like I have anything better to do. Its just that the whole family is messy, and needy, and crabby on top of it. They haven't said thank you once to me.

I just don't get when parents let their kids (5-10) run around hotels by themselves... its just like letting them run around in an unfamiliar neighborhood, would you do that? NO! Its actually worse, because anyone could just grab your kid and force them into a room. Plus, don't let your kids run around with no shoes or socks on. Think about what people drag in on their shoes when they are walking the halls and in the lobby.... gross, bring the flip flops. Don't come down to breakfast in your night gown or bare feet.... a hotel breakfast area is like any other restaurant, with health codes... no shirt no shoes no service! You wouldn't walk into a Perkin's with bare feet!

ok so maybe the rant wasn't over yet. Or maybe I'm just too bored.

Anyway, I really am in the Christmas Spirit, so Merry Christmas! Hope everyone is having a fantabulous day!

3 comments:

Jennie W said...

Hope your Christmas got better when you got home.:) People are definitely strange! And what are kids doing drinking coffee? That's my thought anyway to add to your rant!

Penny said...

FYI Birthday pictures and videos are posted on my blog now. I was hoping for some christmas pictures but I'm guessing chargers are still MIA?

BoneDaddy said...

Yeah seriously why were the parents letting their kids drink coffee? The stupids!