Wednesday, April 09, 2008

We're in VEGAS BABY!!

So we began our weeks vacation yesterday! We drove from GF, dropped off Aiden with the In-Laws, picked up Tab and Derek and high-tailed it out of there and headed for Bismarck. We stayed at the Comfort Inn there (duh, where else would we stay) and the hotel there is great! We flew out of Bismarck on Alligent Air. It was my first time flying and it was AMAZING! I was a bit nervous, no where near what I thought I was going to be, but after take off I was relaxed and enjoyed the 3 hour flight. I loved it! As we approached Las Vegas, there was some strong winds, and a lot of turbulance and that was a bit stomache turning (especially for Tab... poor girl) but it was awesome. I loved being above the clouds, and the desert looks beautiful from 20,000 feet, as did the mountains in Utah. I would rate my first flying experience as a 10 out of 10. The Las Vegas air port was Crazy busy! I can't imagine what this place looks like on the weekend!

When we got the the Jockey Club, we checked in, but headed right out to the Strip. We wondered a little and ate at the restaurant my parents recommended "Earl of Sandwich" which was very yummy, I recommend it to anyone who cares. Tab and Derek headed to the Ministry concert at the House Of Blues and Kevin and I worked out and not I'm blogging... go figure on vacation.

Tonight we're hittin' the town. We're having a blast, although we already miss Aiden like crazy, but when we checked in with Grandpa, he seems to be doing okay. Thanks to Blake for watching Fuzzybutt while we are gone :)


well some bitch just came and wants to use the computer so... enough for now.

Oh, and the 65 degree weather is WONDERFUL, considering that it is only like 40 at home today :)

later!

3 comments:

Penny said...

Sounds like a good start! We watched Aiden on Friday from 4:30 until around 7:00 He is allways fun to have around. He loves my barbequed country ribs I couldn't cut it up fast enough for him. The baked patotes were a big hit too, I thought he was going to pop when I changed him. His little tummy was so big. Can't wait to see him again. You guys just keep having fun, I hope we fly the next time we go. Love

lefobserver said...

hi from greece
i'm 10 years old
please
can you enter in my blog in order to take the flag of zimbabwe and it is written in my map of visitors?
thank you very much
lefobserver.blogspot.com

Karissa (mommy) said...

Maybe you shouldn't tell 10 year olds where you live, huh?

BTW, pretty sure it was like 50 degrees on Wednesday and not 40. Unfortunately, if I freeze to death during the snow storm we are currently having I'll be comforted by the fact that you guys are toasty warm. ;)

Have fun & don't gamble all your money away like I definitely would. I have a love/addiction/hate relationship with slot machines.