Sunday, April 27, 2008

30 freakin' pounds!!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!! I've lost 30lbs in 73 days. Not bad if you ask me! I lost 3 lbs in the past week! I was a little shocked that I lost that much actually. I don't feel like I've lost any weight, but then again I never really do. I stepped on and off the scale like 5 times just to make sure.

I've never been the type to weigh myself, so I don't know how much I weighed before I got married, or before I had Aiden because I didn't really care all that much, so I'm only guessing when I say that I'm pretty sure I weigh less now than I did before I got pregnant, but a little more than what I did when we got married. Next time I go home, I'll have to try on my wedding dress and see if it fits. Or maybe I'd just be setting myself up for disappointment.

When I started this diet, I didn't set a goal weight. But I can honestly say that if I maintained the weight I'm at right now I'd be happy, so I guess I've hit my goal weight. But that doesn't mean I'm going to start slacking on the diet! It just means that every pound that I lose after this point is just a bonus! I think that I'll start trying to tone now. Get rid of that icky baby fat around my tummy that is clinging there like it has nothing else to do.

On to something more news worthy... Jason came home from Iraq yesterday. Blake, Aiden and I met him and his parents at the airport. He was so happy to be home! I can't blame him. He immediately handed over his new camera, a Canon 40D, which is the camera I want. We ate at the Blue Moose because he wanted a good steak, real potatoes, and a nice stiff drink. Since Butto likes his steak MOOING, I didn't look at him while he ate, but I'm sure he enjoyed every bite. He'll be in DL for a while to hang out with his parents and for some R&R but then he's planning on moving to Grand Forks. It'll be nice having him around again. Welcome Home Butto!

Oh, and Aiden was a SUPERSTAR on the local news last night because there was a news crew at the airport when the troops arrived and he's so darn cute, they couldn't resist putting him in the clip. Yeah, its just for 2 seconds, and he's wearing his oversized Sioux hat, but its only a matter of time before agents start calling for him. We're about 5 minutes into the broadcast...

6 comments:

Karissa (mommy) said...

congrats on the weight loss!

Mrs S said...

Holly Crap! Thats amazing good job for hanging in there.

Aiden was adorable on the news Ben and I both think so. (Bailey was to busy to watch)

And yayy for Budo being back on this continent!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!! see you soon, hopefully...:) i'll be back may 2-11

Tab said...

Congrats on the weight loss! That's amazing! I watched the news when I was working out and I saw Butto and his parents, but I didn't see you, Aiden and Blake. I don't know how I could have missed an adorable face like his? Have you heard from any agents yet?!

Welcome home Butto! Glad you made it home safe and sound!

Janelle said...

I saw Butto and his parents, but I missed the 3 of you guys all together. How did that work? Super happy to hear about your 30 lb loss. I cannot wait until I loose that much...that would be swell. Was "swell" too cheesy???

Janelle said...

I saw Butto and his parents, but I missed the 3 of you guys all together. How did that work? Super happy to hear about your 30 lb loss. I cannot wait until I loose that much...that would be swell. Was "swell" too cheesy???