Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Adjusting.

Its been really great having my mom here this week to help me adjust to having Aiden home. What a lucky daughter I am! Kevin had to go back to work Monday, so I've been TRYING to take care of Aiden's needs at night by myself but it can be a little difficult (yeah yeah, I'm preaching to the choir, I know)

But I can't complain- I have an angel for a son. He doesn't cry much at all, even when he's hungry he just kind of pouts. But when he does scream... Whoa, he SCREAMS. But that never lasts very long either. The only part I'm really not understanding, is how he can eat and then not sleep for HOURS. just be wide awake either screaming because of a tummy ache, or looking around. But what kid doesn't fall asleep after eating?

I'm lucky though, I've been getting a good 3-4 hours of sleep before he wakes up again to eat... then I'll get another 2-3 hours before he wakes up again. I've had to wake Kevin up though because I'm still trying to master the whole process.

When we first brought him home, I was the stereotypical first time mom, maybe even a little worse. I was super anxious about everything... making sure he was breathing every 15 minutes, making sure he was eating enough (which is still hard to get) and not wanting anyone to touch him, I struggled with diapers, and dressing him... but now, only 4 days later, I'm a diaper changing pro... with the few exeptions of getting peed on... he IS a boy afterall, and you don't always see it coming!

But thats my update for now. Time to go do something productive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my third attempt at commenting. Hopefully this time it will work. Thanks for the updated pictures of Aiden. He is a doll and I can't wait to see/touch/hold/love him up - you get the picture.... Anyway I am glad your mom got to be there to help. I know that means alot to her. I am still waiting for a picture of Grandma holding Aiden tho.... Gotta get back to work, just wanted to say thanks for the updates, they are so good to get. Have fun with him and know that we all have gone through the checking to make sure they are still breathing, gotta get peed on, no sleep, fun too!! It sounds to me like you are doing a GREAT job. Keep up the good work and hope to see you all soon. love you, Diane

Anonymous said...

You're normal! Sounds like things are going as expected. Keep up the good work, Mom and Dad!

--Liz :-)