Saturday, July 01, 2006

There's gotta be more to life....

Well, I think I've reached the GRRRRRR point with the general public. Its getting really hard to keep smiling and not treat every person that walks into the hotel like they are my arch nemisis.

Kevin decided yesterday that I do not have high blood pressure because I vent my annoyances... I vent A LOT. I'm a complainer. If I don't like someone or something... you're gonna know about it. But if that means that I am less stressed and the baby is less stressed than... so be it... I will continue to bitch about everything that annoys me. I've always been that way, ask my mom. I'm lucky that most of the time, I can be funny about it... so its not so annoying to hear me complain... more like entertainment. (or so thats what I tell myself... shhhhh.) People can laugh at how worked up I get about stuff.

One of my biggest pet peeves, is when I am treated with no respect for NO reason, just because I am the one HELPING or WORKING, and not the one being helped. Like guys that walk with their penis'. I call these guys penis walkers. They walk like MANLY MEN, with thier hands in their pockets, with stupid shit eating grins on their faces and act like COMPLETE ASSHATS!
EXAMPLE:
Guy comes to checks in. It is too early to check in (10:30) so his room isn't ready just yet. He chuckles and says "go fuckin' figure" his wife looks pissed and she gives me a look and says "NO ROOMS!, NONE! how long do we have to wait?"
I tell them that check in is 2pm, and checkout is 11, so the people that rented that room last night are still in that room, and we have to wait for the housekeeper to clean it.
ASSHAT: "How long does THAT take, we have stuff in our cooler that has to be in a fridge, and we have a game to get to BY 2pm, so there is no question that we simply HAVE to check in now, or very very soon"
ME: "well if you want you can leave your things in our fridge in the kitchen until your room is ready"
ASSHAT: "uh.. no."
ME: "I'm sorry but I'll be at LEAST an hour before you're room is ready. But if you want, we can give you a different room, it won't be a suite like you have now, but we can put a fridge and microwave in there for you and we can get you in to that room now"
ASSHAT: "if thats what we absolutely HAVE to do, then we have no other choice, but I'm not paying for the fridge and microwave, and I want a discount, I'm not paying the suite price for a regular room and I'm not paying for breakfast because we're not eating your donuts and coffee here in the morning"
ME: "Sir, our breakfast is complimentary, we do not charge, and there is actually a lot more than just donus and coffee" and If you want to check in now, I will have to charge you for the fridge and microwave, or you can wait for an hour and get your suite that has a microwave and fridge"
ASSHAT: Why do you have make this so damn hard?"

and that is when I wanted to jump over the desk and give him the "what for"... but I cracked a very fake and sarcastic smile, appologised and asked him again what he wants to do.

He threw his credit card at me, and told me he wants a room NOW so whatever I have to do.

After he leaves and gets his shit from his car, he goes down the hallway, I hear him say "are you SHITTING ME!" (I want to run and never come back) His wife has just informed him that there is no elevator and they are on the second floor) all of a sudden this penis walker comes charging around the corner and is all like "give me a room on the first floor"

"I can't, this is the only one ready right now, like I said, check OUT is 11... it is 10:45... there is only one clean room. I'm sorry" Actually there is more than one clean room, but they are all the same room type and all on the second floor)

He goes upstairs, he comes down, and I don't know WHAT made me do it but I asked him how that room is going to work for him. (habit I guess)

"What do YOU think? It'll have to do I guess, but I want to talk to a manager in the morning"

okay buddy. I'll be the one standing here tomorrow. I will be the one you yell at. I will be the one you hate forever, and blame for everything wrong in your life, including your extremely small penis.

WOW, if you made it through that whole thing, congrats and thank you.

oh, and they were Canadian and they blamed me for starting their "Canada Day HOliday weekend like shit"

What if you were such an asshole, that you got your jollies from yelling at poor defenseless front desk employees? DOn't take your problems out on me!

Kevin went to Valley City with Doug and Derek, they went to Kevin's uncles farm land to look at old cars. I know, as much fun as that sounds, I opted to stay home, and I had to work. But I'm sure male bonding was enjoyed by all :)

7 comments:

Karissa (mommy) said...

i hate people.

also, i like how worked up you get when you are pissed. i like that i don't have to sit and wonder what you are really feeling and you just come out and say it. sucks you can't do that at work, but i'm betting if you did the idiots still wouldn't get it.

Jennie W said...

Poor April!

Anonymous said...

Now you understand why I hate people. Thats I like working security on a military base. I got to tell people off. If someone was wrong I got to tell them so. The fun part was I was working under the athority of base commander, meaning that what I said the the post commander backing me up. If they really pissed me off that meant a wonderfully long and very therough vehicle search for them.

Mr. Toast said...

April, you have my sympathies; you've got the patience of a saint. I could never, ever, work in any service industry where I had to deal with the public. I would have jumped over the counter and smacked this asshole upside the head. WHAT PART OF "CHECK-IN TIME: 2 PM" DOES HE NOT UNDERSTAND?

People are freakin' idiots.

April said...

"Sir I'm sorry, but checkin time is 2... and if you give me more attitude, you'll have earned yourself a full body cavity search" Ah.. I can dream can't I?

Anonymous said...

Heh, the best was when you do that and you find something. several times i found pistols, rifles and shotguns. which are NOT allowed on post without commanders permission. Its fun to piss them off. several people even got busted for drugs, I was never lucky enough to find some jackass dumb enough to bring drugs to a place that has a sign that says "By enetering this installation you consenting to search of person and/or vehicle."

Anonymous said...

april you need to post that story to the hotel community !!! I love when people like that come check in ... because im the only one that knows that I COULD go see if that room is empty and I COULD go nicely ask the housekeeper to clean that room next and it may take like a half hour... and i could get them in soon... but ONLY IF YOU ARE NICE TO ME... BE NICE TO ME AND I WILL GO OUT OF THE WAY TO MAKE YOUR WISHES COME TRUE... BE MEAN AND NASTY AND I WILL LIE LIKE A ***HMM INSERT SOMETING HERE THAT LIES ALOT*** AND I WONT DO ANYTING TO HELP YOU BUT SAY "IM SORRY CHECK IN IS NOT TILL 2" ... i wouldnt of even offered them to put stuff in our fridge lol... he was an asshat... and if he would of said well then we will go somewhere else! ... i would of probally let him... cause he is just going to cause trouble the whole time he was there.... lol ... may not be as good for occupancy ... but much better for the SANITY of me and my coworkers