Friday, May 12, 2006

yucky ucky ick

I'm sick. I woke up yesterday with a sore throat, and went on with my day, and it went away. This morning I work up with a sore throat, and it hung around all day, and was joined by a runny/stuffy annoying nose, then my ears started to plug, and my tear duct is just out of luck because my whole sinus passage is icky. Then it just got worse all day, and I've never seen a cold progress so quickly. WHo got me sick? I want names....

Recommended medication for one pregger wifey: strong will and lots of rest. The books all say that if you can tough it out without meds, then thats the best way to go. But I have a feeling sleeping is going to be hard, and the only thing they say I can take is sudifed... any one out there have suggestions? I'm all ears (granted they're a little plugged but I'm listening)

The landlord called us today. Apparently one of the guys that is moving into the house once we move out is going to Basic Training next week and wants to know if he can put his stuff in the garage (including his vehicle) so it'll all be here when he gets back in July. The only problem I have with that is what if it hails? Then what, our cars just have to sit outside and take the hail? I think we'll let him put his stuff in the garage, but his car can sit in the alley driveway. It didn't really sound like a question more of a "he WILL be doing this, I'm just letting you know". I'm so glad we'll be out of this damn house soon!

I fell asleep watching Biogaphy of Tom Hanks, they were having a special "Biography" marathon to feature the cast members and directors of "The DaVinci Code" I kept waking up to talk of the bible and codes, and DaVinci and I kept dreaming in and out of sleep that I was Sophie but blond, and I was pissed because I could figure out all this code and no one else could, but i had to pretend to not know what was going on because I didn't want to ruin the book for everyone... messed up stuff man.

I had big plans of working on payroll for work, and packing some boxes tonight, but after a VERY large dinner. (we're gonna just call it eating for five) I lost motivation, went over to Doug and Karissa's to hang out, and came home and fell asleep on the couch.

The Husband is gone to DL for to see his Mommy for mothers day, and Father for his birthday. Mom, Kevin should be dropping off your mommy's day gift. He comes back tomorrow, so I can wine and moan about being sick, he's a pretty good care giver when I'm not feeling well.

4 comments:

BoneDaddy said...

Chicken Soup, it always works--at least to loosen up the sinuses, anyway. Just be careful you don't accidentally drip into the bowl.

April said...

gross. dork.

Reese Family Values said...

I am also sick right now and it sucks. To help me sleep at night I put a little vicks in a little potporri thing and let it melt. Then it is in the air and not right on your body. The doc said it is better that way cuz then the vapors aren't strong enough to hurt baby but still strong enough to help you. Hope that helps.

Karissa (mommy) said...

I know I said this to you earlier today, but HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!! Woo hoo!!! What'd the baby get you for mothers day? :P