Tuesday, March 21, 2006

another post where I whine about stuff....

This weekend, Grand Forks, ND will be the home of the 2006 NCAA Hockey Championship Playoffs. We not only won the bid to host this event, but our UND Sioux hockey team made it to the regional championship. WOO HOO!! (okay so I dont actually care that much.) So Hockey fans from all over the country especially those whose favorite team will be playing this weekend are flocking to GF... is this city prepared for this? no. There are not enough hotel rooms. If the Hockey thing was the only event, maybe we'd have a chance of surviving this, but there is also an Aerosmith concert (if Steven Tylor doesn't die by then by his misterious Bird Sars), it doesn't stop there. GF is also the place for the State HS Music thing, AND FBLA thing. PLUS it is Canada's (Manitoba anyway) spring break, so that means the whole city of Winnipeg wants to come to the states, and GF is the first city they come to because we're only an hour and a half from the boarder. With all the people that need hotel rooms, we could have filled the hotel ten times over. Unfortunately for me, I don't just have to deal with this at work, our house is a half a block from the overflow parking for the Ralph Englestad Arena where this NCAA thing will be held. People park all the way down our block to catch the shuttle to the arena. I'm sure we'll live through it, but the only thing that is cool about this weekend is that A. I don't work and B. Amanda's coming to visit with Harry Potter.

and now, your American Idol Update: Tonight the top 11 sang their little hearts out. Kevin Covaris better be going home tomorrow. thats all I gotta say about that. I noticed he got new glasses... he was being compared to Chicken Little because there was a strong resemblence... funny coincedence that Chicken Little came out on DVD today and Kevin gets new glasses? I think not.

Scrubs: Brilliant as usual. We've decided that if we were Scrub characters Karissa would be Jordan because she is a bitch and I would be Carla, I guess I dont really know why... I think I'm more absent minded like Elliot, but whatever.

okay, thats enough for one post... have a good Wednesday!!!!!

3 comments:

Liz said...

You would think GF could plan their weekends better. This is NOT the first time they've run out of hotel rooms. Maybe if they wouldn't had sat on their hands for the CanadInn thing, it would help relieve some of the pressure.

April said...

If the CanadInn was completed last year like they said it would be, yeah, there probably wouldn't be a problem because they are supposed to have like 400 rooms or more. They haven't even started building yet.

Jennie W said...

GF isn't the smartest city on the block....

Have you seen HP 4? I just bought it, but haven't seen it yet....I've heard mixed reviews on it.