Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!!!! YAY for Jesus!

The past two days have been great. Yesterday, Kevin and I went over to his parents house for dinner. It was nice... I'm usually not that patient with them, the three of them (Kevin included) interrupt eachother constantly, and continue talking so most of the dinner there is like 10 conversations going on at a time. And there's only four of us in the room! Kevin's parents are natorious for giving lame gifts. They give the silliest things to people! For instance last years gifts, like out of date calendars, bright blue mittens (that actually are HUGE and look like oven mits) to match my pink coat. They seem to think we need to have a coin collection and every occation that involves getting a gift, we get coins. Nothing that is worth anything really, like Canadian 2.00 coins... Kevin had recieved large G.I. Joe dolls (12") for three years in a row. They give us things that we SHOULD want if we were 40 years old and in 1957. Hand-me-down knick knacks from her Antique store...

Anyway I could go on... but the point is that this year they got me really cool stuff. Gift card for new clothes, necklace and earings, mother of pearl jewlery box, and they even got FuzzyButt toys. Kevin and I got a down-filled comforter. Kevin was kind of disappointed with his gift, but they gave him cash for a new winter coat too. I think they're catching on.

I totally realize that Christmas isn't about the gifts, but its always been so funny the things we get from them. Most of the stuff I've gotten from them, I haven't even taken out of the gift bag, they're in storage and have just stayed wrapped up throughout our 2 moves.

Tonight we're going to my parents house for dinner and gifts.

The pics below are hilarious... okay to me anyway. Since we don't have a kid, and in a few short hours, all of you will be posting your kids opening their presents and what not, we had our small family Christmas last night with Mr. Pie... so that is who we have pics of... hope you enjoy.
Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all got to feel warm, happy and fuzzy inside this weekend!

No comments: