Thursday, October 13, 2005

When the time is right

Of course I want to be a Mommy. I'm not going to hide my jealousy I have toward Karissa, Josie, Liz, and Janelle. I can't wait until I'm a mommy, I'm tired of people asking "when" and "why not now" and all those other things you hear after being married for 2 years. (who am I joking, I got that on my wedding day) I know people are just excited for me and with me and all that stuff, and I know they don't mean anything by it, just starting a conversation. It's just that people should know that we'll have a baby when we're ready to have a baby. When the credit card is paid off, when we catch up on Student loans, when I'm more committed to eating right, when we can afford a bigger house, when we have a more reliable vehicle,when we take our last vacation as just a couple, when I learn to cook better, when we can keep our coffee table clean, when the kitten learns how to flush the toilet..... just when.... when the stars align with Jupiter and one small strong swimmer decides its time to swim the extra lap....

Some of the girls I graduated with have 3 kids... Some of the girls I graduated with have CAREERS... you know the kind you GO TO SCHOOL FOR! Some even have both. I've been with Kevin for a whole DECADE, I went to college and got a degree, I don't have a career, or a baby, but I married a doctor... I guess I broke even.

Kevin and I joke tha I have horrible luck, while he oooooozes it from every poor. I stain or rip my new clothes, I hurt myself, I break things, I don't win at things, I have horrible days where everything goes wrong... I have those often. Every time I go to the doctor, they find somethign wrong with me and I have to have sergery (7 or 8 in all now) My plans never follow through, I get excited for things, and then for some reason they don't happen... my theory is that a person only gets so much luck when they are born... you only get so many chances to use... well I used all my luck with getting Kevin. He took all my luck and my chances. Thats okay though, cause I consider myself VERY lucky to have found him cause he is the best husband anyone can ever have. I just hope there is some luck left in me for babies. Maybe since half the baby will be Kevin, then we can use some of his luck to have a baby.... when the time is right.

I'm so happy for Amadon and Josie though, they are so happy. Josie is one of the most patient people I know and has the potential to be SUPERMOM! She is big on educating her kids and Josie has honorable morals to pass on too. I can't wait to see the baby again, she seems so smart and full of life already. Good luck guys!

16 comments:

BoneDaddy said...

I bet I could have found a better husband if I really looked...
So why aren't you having a baby yet? Now is a great time! You're not getting any younger...that biological clock is winding down...
you don't want to break a hip while delivering...
Okay give me some time, I'll think of more annoying things to say.

Janelle said...

One of the most frequent comments that Darren kept getting when I wanted to have another baby was "If you wait for all your debts to be paid off, you will never have anymore children". Like we were going to keep ourselves in debt somehow. Even though we were not totally ready for either of our children I will love them more than any piece of furniture or car that our friends and family may own.

April said...

lol doug! L freak'n O freak'n L! Sometimes you're so darn funny!

No seriously I laughed a lot about the whole breaking a hip while delivering thing. And shut up anyway, I really am scared about being an old mom... I want to be a young mom.. and If I don't have a kid till I'm 30, then I'll be 40 when the kid is 10 and 50 when she's 20, I want to be younger than that!

Liz said...

I'm not going to tell you and Kev to get down to business, but there will always be excuses not to have kids. You'll have nine months to try to be ready, which still is not enough time, but then, when s/he's born, you won't remember what life was like w/o a baby!

Erik adds, "Yup, pretty much."

Karissa (mommy) said...

I think it's good that you guys are waiting for when the time is right for YOU. There's no point in rushing to have a baby if you don't want to, or have good reasons not to. I think it's better and easier to have a baby when you are financially and emotionally ready. If you have the chance to do things as just the two of you then you should go right ahead. I mean it's great having a little one to haul around, but it's not great if you're just going to worry about other things right along with it. I can't wait for you guys to have a little boy so he and Isabella can start dating right away and we can all plan their futures together. :) I am happy for you guys that you are doing what's right for you and not because others want you to.

April said...

Thanks Liz, Karissa and Janelle! I totally understand that no time is the PERFECT time... no one is totally well off financially.. I'm not expecting to be completely prepared cause that would just be one big daydream.... but I am glad Kevin and I finished school and found jobs before we decided to have kids. I think we'd be ready now... except we don't really know where we'll be in a year... DL? maybe. I can't wait for my mom to read this post... I'm sure she has a bazzilion things to say. :)

Mrs S said...

If you guys both want kids. Then you should just do it now. Because everyone else is right there is no perfect time. And your post really got me to thinking that wow life is really short. I guess it was your post and doug saying that you don't want to be breaking a hip when your delivering your baby. Wow! Life is really weird. Wow all I can say is wow. But have kids absolutly when you want them. Not when you think the time is right.

Karissa (mommy) said...

I don't hear any music! You said there was music! I came for the music! I'm leaving!

Karissa (mommy) said...

Ok, I came back and now I hear music. Woo hoo!

Mrs S said...

You are so my soul mate! I love Nora Jones!

Penny said...

April I hope I didn't start all this baby talk. I realy was only giving you shi# I know you and Kevin will have a baby when you are ready and I honestly don't want you to have a baby just for me, or anyone else for that matter. When the time is right it will happen. Oh by the way you have had 10 surgeries(I will have to pass on the list to you;) But who's counting!? The music is so cool I love it! You are going to have to show me how to do that! As far as the luck thing goes... hey you have two great parents(that would be me and Dad)A bizillon relitives that love you more than life it's self and then you got Kevin so I think you have more luck than a lot of other people. There are people out there that never get to experance love. Can't you Feel the Love? Mom

Janelle said...

I'm really diggin' the Nora Jones. I want music...how can I get the music?

KSoFM said...

okay, what's dilly? learn me on how to post an audio file onto my blog.

April said...

Click the link next to my video. pick a song, it'll tell ya where to get the code to copy.
copy html code
paste it in your blog html at the very bottom.. or where ever... just like your pet.

Jory and Kathy said...

Aprillllll!!! This damn post thing isn't working!!! GRRR.

ss69camaro said...

First of all, Doug you had your chance with me, and you decided to go off and find a WIFE you cheating slut.

Second of all.... should we give in to peer pressure? Come on man, everyones doing it... Baby is the best drug ever :P Who knows, once I try baby, I may never want to quit. Should we try for 8, maybe 15 kids? I could start myself a little clan.

Be patient everyone. I can pretty much promise you that within 1-2 years you will be seeing a baby, and a damn cute on at that.

Lastly... HOLY SHIT, JORY IS STILL ALIVE??? Where the hell have you been man?