Monday, October 10, 2005

birthing looks like it sucks

as of 9pm, Josie has still not had the baby. We just left the hospital as her drugs finally kicked in strong, and she began feeling contractions. I feel so bad, watching her go through that pain, and only to know that those contractions are nothing compared to what she'll be feeling in about an hour. When we first got there at around six thirty, she was walking and laughing and haning out, but now her contractions are stronger closer together. We left as the doctor was about to come in and see if it is close to "go time".

Amber and Sam are with her (and of course Amadon) and her Grandma and Dad are probably on their way back to the hospital now. I just felt like that was enough people to have with her right now. Kevin and I decided to leave to give her more room and privacy and we would have been booted out of the room within the next hour or so anyway. Amber and Sam have been very good friends with Josie forever and they'll do a great job at helping her feel as comfortable as possible. They are going to call as soon as the baby arrives, even if it is 3am, so I'll post quick in the AM before I go to work on all the baby info.


On a completely different note: Tonight while we were on our way to the hospital, Butto called my cell and said "I'm staring at the oddest thing... there is a bird in my bedroom, and I have no idea how it got there!" So of course, we went over there, and chased this bird all over his apartment till finally he was able to trap it under a towel and let it free outside :) I screamed a couple times cause the bird darted right for my head. We still don't get how it got there, all the screens are on and in good condition, and the doors have been closed... hm... last year some time, Butto opened the door to his apt. and was met by a small kitten... he still doesn't know how that go in either. I think his house reproduces random animals once in while....

Josie update tomorrow am...
good night!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Drugs...was she induced? I hope everything goes well for her.

Yup, it gets crowded in there fast! I think I had 3 nurses, the doc and a med student and Erik...6 people and me and then Emily joined the party; yup, a lot of people!

Karissa (mommy) said...

man i hope the pain doesn't last very long for her...memories...anyways, I can't wait to hear all about it, and to finally see the little one...

April said...

oh, sorry I left out the part where she was induced.. her water broke at 8:30 this morning, but then nothing... and then nothing... and so they gave her drugs to make her have contractions, if there is no baby by 8:30 am tomorrow morning, then they'll do a C section... but it really doesn't look like that is in the plans right now.

Penny said...

Yeah it sucks but you would be supprized how fast all that pain just disapears when the nurse or Dr. puts that preasious
(?selling?) little new toy in your arms. All you can think about is OOOOH what a beautiful little miricle. Did we really make that? And a little later after you have gotten some sleep and maybe even some thing to eat and then you say to yourself. What have I done? How am I going to do this? Then you reach for the phone and say "Mommmmmmmy What do I do next?" HA HA HA HA HA. Love ya Mom

Karissa (mommy) said...

That's pretty much how it goes...