Monday, July 18, 2005

Art, music and a sunburn.

This weekend, we met Karissa and Doug in GF and we drove to Fargo to take in the Street Fair (or Art Fest as some may bave called it) It was HOT Saturday. 95 degrees with no cloud cover and hardly a breeze. We walked up and down Broadway for about three or so hours. There were WAY more vendors than I thought there was going to be. Lots of arts and crafts... enough to last me a month at least. There were painters, sketchers, photographers, crafters, jelly makers, tye dyers, and much much more. There was live music on every block. We had to break every block or so and sneak into an air conditioned building. It was good Isabella wasn't with us, she would have never made it in that heat. Out of the whole deal, Kevin and I bought homemade dip seasoning and one of those optical illusion wind chime thingies... it doesn't actually chime...its a rose and when the wind spins it, it looks like it's growing... oh and I got a sunburn...first of the summer! I haven't had much time to be outside for any long periods of time, so I dont' care about the sunburn, it was just fun to be outside!

ANYWAY, Saturday night we ate at a FANTASTIC restaurant in Moorehead, MN called The Speak Easy it's a 20's themed place where the waitresses wear all black with black ties and a tilted, black Fedora. The food was awesome and it was a nice break from the usual.

On Sunday we ate lunch at Space Aliens because they have the best BBQ sauce on the face of the planet! We met up with our friends Erik and Liz. Liz is due on Kevin's Birthday, so Liz, I hope you can hold little Emily in for about another week or so! It was nice seeing them again! We left Fargo and made a quick stop in Mayville to pick Isabella up from Karissa's mom's place. That is where we got those adorable photos below. Bell Bell wasn't in the best of moods, but thats okay, we interupted nap time, so we can't expect any better.

That was our relaxing weekend. Now I drive back to GF tomorrow so I can work a shift Wednesday morning. I need to stay on their payroll so I can be eligable to get my profit sharing MONEY. $4,000! I am short only 100 hours or so and I have until December to make it up. Only thing is that I need to work at least once every two weeks to stay on payroll so I don't get a separation notice. But that'll be cool to go back to GF Comfort every once in a while.

Hope everyone's week started out fantastic!

No comments: