Monday, June 06, 2005

Time to go back to work!

So I start my new job at the Comfort Inn here in DL today. Actually, he told me to be there at 8am... so I was... and he was like "what are you doing here?" he said he forgot to call me to tell me that I'll be working the 3-11 shift tonight instead of training for a couple of hours this morning. I work by myself tonight... my first day... by-my-self. I know what I'm doing with the computer, and the guests and stuff, but I don't know where anything is, or what is different between the two places. "oh I'm sorry, we decided we aren't going to train you, we're just gonna let you go on your own tonight" which is fine with me, just don't expect everything to be done properly or anything to be in their "place" tomorrow.

I decided that I don't like working the evening shift though. I mean for 2 years I've worked 7am-3pm, leaving the whole rest of the evening to do my thing. Now that I'll be working 3-11pm shifts, I'll be waking up later and staying out later, and that is not a good cycle to be in! I feel like I've wasted my whole day! I watched 3 episodes of Six Feet Under (TIVO ROCKS!) and thats about it. Now I suppose I should go get ready and eat something to calm the butterflies in my tummy and get my lazy butt to work... later peoples!

2 comments:

Mrs S said...

I know that it completly sucks, I always feel like I never achomplish anything but work. Even when I work at sears cause they're all night shifts and it disrupts your whole day It gets kinda depresing after awhile

Karissa (mommy) said...

I hope you have fun at your first day of work!