Tuesday, May 24, 2005

a whole lotta nothin'

The last two weeks have just been... off...We've moved out of our apt. in Grand Forks, and now we're moved into our apt. in DL. Still have a lot of unpacking to do though. I lived in the Hotel for the past week so I can continue working, but I'm home in DL now for two days, then I go back to GF to work for two days, then I'm in DL for the weekend, then BACK to GF for Monday and Tuesday to work, then I get to come to DL for good! SO I've done a lot of driving the past two weeks and even more to come. But I have to keep working so we have money. I haven't even slept in our new apt. yet, tonight will be the first night so I guess we'll see how it goes. That hour and a half drive used to be relaxing... crank up the music and just drive, but now it's a pain in the ass. I only have 4 more shift at the hotel in GF, moving to DL is going to completely throw me off for a while. I like having somewhat of a routine and the past two weeks has been kind of hard on me. When I was staying in the hotel, it was weird because I just kind of sat in my room and read or watched TV. I didn't have internet, I used Jan's computer in the office once, but I felt kind of like I was intruding on space that i shouldn't be in... so I didn't blog or anything.

I'm looking forward to moving to DL because it's a whole new apt to decorate, and I get to see my friends here more. But I have to be honest and tell ya, I hate Devils Lake. This town has nothing to offer. No shopping, no good restaraunts... and a lot of older people. But I'm sure I'll just find my 'groove' and everything will be fine. I'm gonna really miss the people I work with, and the restaraunts that are open ALL NIGHT. I'll post pics of our new apt. once we get unpacked. Fuzzybutt loves all the space, and he was a little hesitant when he first saw stairs (he's never used stairs on a daily basis) but now he flies up and down them pretty well. He likes sitting in the windows and not getting punished for it (in our old apt. we weren't allowed cats so we had to hide him) Our new apt. is RIGHT behind the middle school playground. So all day you hear kids screaming and playing and the Middle School band has MARCHING practice on OUR street... you know the one that our bedroom window faces! I haven't had the experience yet but Kevin says its great to wake up to drums and trumpets. School will be out soon though so I'm not worried. Actually I think tomorrow may be their last day. I remember marching with my clarinet down this streen when I went to school there, I never thought of the people who live in the houses!

Well, I think I'll be on my way, I hope you all still check my blog! It's been a while!

later gaters!

4 comments:

KSoFM said...

i still read your blog. what's a gater?

Mrs S said...

glad to see your posting again, finally something to read. I used to love band practice on the street, It was a lot of fun and old people used to come out of their houses and watch.

April said...

Sorry, I should have said See ya later alligator... sorry to confuse you KSoFM! You prolly pronounce it Gadda :) I tease I tease.

Anonymous said...

Hey Woman! I just got the internet working today- actually a friend of mine did....you know how good i am with computers! Anyways, I had a super good Memorial Day weekend- but I lost my voice...sucks cause I have to work tomorrow and all i do is talk on the phone- SO I am not even going to attempt to speak until tomorrow morning! Anyways- miss ya lots and I will have to drive to DL some time and check out the new digs
:) Angela