Monday, May 02, 2005

I may resort to sleeping in a box, eating out of the garbage, and smoking crack... oh and if any one is interested... $50.00 and I'm all yours.

They say that after you graduate with a 4 year degree that finding a job is a lot easier... hm...I guess I wouldn't know. You know WHY I wouldn't know? Cause I went to school to be a photographer... yup I was really thinking THAT through when I changed my major. I can't find a job in DL. When I move, I'll be a bumb.. first class loser. I've worked at the Comfort Inn in GF for almost 5 years. Even when I was working there, I applied for 4 different jobs, and I was offered all of them. But I didn't take them because I liked working at the hotel, it just doesn' pay me enough. But I stayed. So Hotel work is all I have experience in. I worked at Sears but only for a couple months. I don't want to work at Walmart, I don't want to work in telemarketing, nor do I want to call BINGO numbers every Wednesday at the "Night Owl" Even if I did want to do those things... they probably won't hire me either. I applied for a graphic Design job (by the ONLY graphic design place in DL) and they apparently didn't care much for my application.

Now, I know I being picky here. A job is a job, money is money.... I know. I've told people to stop complaining about not having a job because you can ALWAYS work at McDonalds if it comes down to it...now I AM one of those people, and you know what I'd rather roll around in a big litter box before I take a job at McDonalds (no offese to any of you loyal, much loved and appreciated McWorkers) just not for me! I've looked on Job Service website and have found NOTHING. DL needs teachers but a teacher I am not. They also need Milkmen(women) (I didn't even know that job exsisted anymore!) I wanted to apply to be a correctional officer at the jail... sounded interesting... but Kevin said HELL NO to that one. I think He's just jealous cause I would get to pack some heat...he wants to be able to carry around a gun.

I can work at a Daycare, but then I wouldn't want to have kids of my own any day soon, so thats out.

There are NO clothing stores in DL except for old woman stores and Maureeces. They don't sell my size (long) so I refuse to EVER work there.

Amber and I are going to open a photography studio (that is a post all to itself soon!) but that won't be for a while yet, and I need a job until then!

Some people have even asked "why are you even going to work, Kevin will be making plenty of money for both of you for a while!" the answer is that I AM NOT LAZY! I don't think Kevin should HAVE to work to support me, I have been working since I was 14 and I'm not going to NOT get a job just because we won't NEED the money neccessarily. But really, we do need the money, because we'll have almost 60,000 in financial aid to pay off... School of Medicine is NOT cheap! and 8 years of it really adds up!

Anyway, I'm just venting, I'm sure I'll find a job I'll like, It's just frustrating, and I don't like change.

7 comments:

Josie, group organizer said...

The job situation here is tough. Take heart. Look at where I'm working. Here and there things will pop up. Waiting for it is tough but you dont' want to resort to just anything.

Penny said...

Don't worry April you will find something. Maybe Select Health could use someone to answer the phone and do office type work? Just keep an open mind and something will pop up.

Josie, group organizer said...

Actually Select Therapy is hiring and I'm sure you would get a job and you'd get to see Kevin here and there. The money isn't the greatest but they're finally giving raises now. It's part time but not a bad idea if you want a job while you're waiting for something to open up. You also get a free gym membership. SOmething will pop up eventually but if your gung ho about needing to work right away I'd check that out.

Josie, group organizer said...

Oh and I feel your pain about the "long" sizes. It makes me mad everytime I need to buy pants.

April said...

I don't think I'd have a problem getting a job at Select Therapy, considering my husband is the PT there. But I don't think that is the kind of work I'd like to do, and I don't think i'd like to see kevin that much... no seriously... too much :)

Mrs S said...

well... I know I don't like hearing this but until we open up the studio anything will work as long as its standable. I know that sounds superly depressing but at least you have a lot to look forward to and thats really only.... 9 months and we have a lot of planning to do so that might help you through the really tough times at work. I know the thought of it helps me put up with lisa yelling at me for stupid things that i didn't do. Thinking yea you #%##$!@#^& soon I'll have my own photography studio and you'll be stuck at sears forever and ever and ever hahahhahaha

Squirl said...

Good luck on getting a job that you like. I think the economy is looking up in some places. Not where I live, which is the West side of Michigan. We're about 7% unemployment here.