Friday, April 01, 2005

GO SHORTY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY

Yeah, I soooo went there...

SO I turn the BIG 2-4 tomorrow! What did I want for my birthday you might ask? In coming to the realization that I am now closer to 30 than I am 18, in all my mature, adult-like manner, I told my husband and my friend Angela that I was, indeed, getting a surprise Strawberry Shortcake party. As a small child, I loved Strawberry Shortcake and all her colorful friends, but I never got a SSC themed B-day party. About three months ago, Angela and I were walking through the store and I was elated to see that Ms. Shortcake was making a comeback! Kevin: "Do you REALLY want this, I mean SERIOUSLY, Dear, it's Strawberry Shortcake" However, Angela called and informed me that she may not be in town tomorrow, as she is away visiting a friend that just had a baby, so I totally understand why she can't make it, but it was her job to get together the Straberry Shortcake part of the party (or so Kevin tells me, I wouldn't know because it is a surprise B-day party) So I guess we're just gonna go to Paradiso's and maybe I'll wear the Sombraro while a pack of unenthused employees sing me Happy Birthday. Karissa said we can go to her place and have a get together there too, so it sounds like all is not lost.

Oh, and for those of you who are going to ask... YES, My real name is April, YES I was born on April Fools day, YES that is why my parents named me April, and NO my middle name is NOT May!

I started watching American History X tonight. I've seen the movie before, but in mixed up fragments. I was really getting into it, then the DVD started to skip! OH that just pissed me off, but then I turned the channel to Oxygen Network and "Beaches" was just starting. That is one of my all time FAVORITE movies. It reminds me of a time when I was like 12, I spent the night at my friend Nikki's house and she had a little weiner dog and a really hot older brother. We stayed up really late and watched that movie twice in a row.

So this friend of Angela's, we'll call her J. I kind of know her, I did her wedding pics back in September. The whole time she has been pregnant her new husband has pretty much givin' a rats ass, he's been kind of a big jerk the whole time. Well, J was a week and a half over due, the doctor told her he wants to try to induce her, and if that doesn't work, do a C-section. So, knowing this, her husband decides to KEEP a doctors appointment that he has in a town 45 minuts away for the day she is supposed to have the baby. To make a longer story short... he missed the birth of his first child, ON PURPOSE! "It's an apointment that I can't reschedule" Then, insyead of hurrying back to be with his WIFE and NEWBORN DAUGHTER, he doesn't leave for home until later that evening. he did get her a big boquet of flowers... In my opinion, that sooo does NOT make up for the fact that he missed the birth. Okay, I'm done ranting. Hopefully, he'll come around and start pulling his weight with the whole baby thing. Besides, it really isn't my business and well, I probably shouldn't be posting about it, but no one knows who I'm talking about anyway.

Kevin still has Mono. He's sleeping less, but is still feels run down. He was feeling well enough to play World of Warcraft for 2 hours though, so thats a good sign.

I got my Income taxes back, and Kevin sold the Camaro, and he also got the rest of his Financial aid, so we're payin' off the credit card. Of course we're only doing that so we can replace that debt with debt from buying much needed new things for our apartment like a washer and dryer. Not only that, but we have 2 different rents to pay for 2 months. I guess that money couldn't have come at a better time!

Well, about that time for me to take my generic brand sleep aid liquidcaps and head to bed. I don't really think those things work to GET me tired enough to go to sleep, but they help to keep me sleeping once I've fallen asleep, however, in roughly 5.5 hourse I'll be trying to over power the sleep aid with Red Bull and a mocca Frapochino in the morning. ahh... my drugs of choice,
Have a good April Fools day everyone! Keep your hyjinks (sp?) and practical jokes on a legal level, and have a good day!

8 comments:

Mrs S said...

Happy b-day!!! Its fun that your named after a holiday. At least you have a good reason for why you have your name. Good luck with work tom. and I hope you still have a fun b-day even though you don't get strawberry shortcake.

Candy said...

Happy spanking day! I think someone should totally get you the Starwberry shortcake party stuff! When I turned 26 my friends threw me a PowerPuff girl party, it was great!

Hope you guy gets over the mono soon, I had that when I was 14, yuck that was awful!

Take care!

Janelle said...

Happy happy happy birthday!! I hope you don't get too many practicle jokes on your birthday. Don't ask me why, but for some reason I didn't remember your birthday and had I thought about it while you were here Darren and I would have gotten you something. We will send ya something though, I promise!

Karissa (mommy) said...

we're gonna party like its your birthday...we're gonna sip bicardi like its your birthday...I think that song goes something like that.:) Happy birthday!! Happy birthday! Man, you're so frickin old. Wow! You could be my mom with how old you are. Do you have arthritis yet? Are you wearing an adult diaper for your lack of bladder control? I'm thinking about buying you a walker for your birthday. Do you want a purple one?? Anyways...happy birthday!!!! See you tonight!!!

Penny said...

Happy Birthday April!!! (:
What a beautiful name.
Sorry to hear about your party. Maybe this will help.Check out
http://www.strawberryshortcake.com
It looks like the next best thing to a SSC party. OK maybe not, but I found it, It's the best I can do over the internet and thought I would pass it on. Hope you liked listening to your anwsering machine today and your Ice cream. Love Mom (:

Squirl said...

Happy Birthday, April. My folks didn't name me April even though my birthday's in that month, too. You got the first of the month for yours and mine's the very last day.

Hope it was a good day for you this time.

KSoFM said...

i missed your actual b-day, but a happy belated one to you. and many more... (right?)

Zombie_Flyboy said...

Happy Birthday!

Hey, better late than never right?