Friday, November 26, 2004

Thanksgiving

It snowed for the first time this year on Thanksgiving. The trees look pretty snow covered! Kevin and I went to his parents house in the afternoon and ate a lOT, and then we went to my parents house in the evening and ate MORE. We have enough left overs to last for a couple days, and Mr. Pie was VERY excited about the bits of turkey we gave him as an appology for being gone for 2 days. Tonight Angela and I are going to Bridget Jones' The Edge of Reason, I absolutely LOVED the first movie, and I look forward to watching this one.

We avoided the shopping rush on this, Black Friday, For those of you who read my blog and are not from the US, Black Friday is the BIGGEST shopping day of the year. Always the day after Thanksgiving, stores open their doors as early as 5am (people will start lining up at the doors as early as 2 in some parts of the country) They have huge deals on everything for the phychotic Christmas shoppers. There is pushing and shoving by all, really gets you into that caring Christmas Spirit.

All in All I had a terrific Thanksgiving holiday, now I'm in the mood for Christmas decorating, I think I'll work on that this week. Angela is here, so I'll write more tomorrow

1 comment:

Stonegateguy said...

hey glad to hear you had a good thanksgiving! i avoided black friday as well ... my car is all better and and new tires to boot! it feels like diriving a totally new car! yey! we will have to decorate the hotel together ... i want to help :) im so excited to decorate im gonna bring so many light and stuff back with me for my apt and porch! well the fam is calling my name i might update my own blog later ... we will see. well gonna go... oh let me know how that movie was i want to see it.