Friday, December 22, 2006

ARG!!

As you can see by the simple fact that I posted.... I was not induced today. The story goes a little something like this....

wake up at 5am. Well, kind of wake up... I didn't sleep well at all so I was up every hour thinking about how I need to get up at 5 am....

I called the hospital to make sure I'm still "on" for my appointment. They tell me that they can't fit me in this morning because they got 5 new moms coming in in active labor...and that they do not have a room or a nurse available to me, and that they had 4 mommys scheduled to be induced today and that out of those 4, I am 2nd in line (according to due date and urgency) so I am "on call" It all depends on how the deliveries that were there already go.

She told me she would keep me updated and that they will call me later in the day. SHe told me to eat lightly.

I wake up Kevin, tell him the bad news, and go back to bed. I slept much better after that. I woke up at 9 again and waited for a call. Ate breakfast... waited for a call. At noon Kevin called to see what the next step was if we DIDN'T get in today.

They said they would get a hold of my doctor and they would call back... well they didn't so I called at 1:30. Dr. Brown was in surgery so she said she'd call back.

She never called AGAIN.

I called and it was a different charge nurse who didn't know the whole situation and I had to explain everything to her. She looking in the computer and saw that someone scheduled me for an appointment for next Thursday (the 28th) 9 days after my due date. She said "Its just like today, we can't guarantee that you'll be able to come in that day"

She was rude and we don't like her.

By "we" I mean you too. You don't like this nurse either.

She didn't know if I should see Dr. Brown anytime BEFORE next thursday.

So I called the Doctors office to speak to a nurse of something.

They didn't know where my chart was and asked me if I had been to the hospital today.

By this point, I wanted to drive over there and wag my finger at them and "GRRRRR" at them.

"no, I was told I couldn't come in today, but I bet my chart is over at the hospital because I was SUPPOSED to be there today!"

Then I had to repeat myself for the upteeth billionth time and then she got it, and we made an appointment to see my doctor on Tuesday for a Non-Stress Test to see how the baby is and to see if he will be ready to come out next Thursday.

But I'm sure that I'll go into labor on my own by then. So I guess now its a waiting game with nature. I really hope he isn't born on Christmas day. I wouldn't mind the 24th or the 26th ... but please, God, not the 25th.

We have no plans for Christmas other than sit and wait for Aiden to decide he is ready to meet us. My parents are coming and Kevin's parents will too I think.

How was your day?

5 comments:

Liz said...

Ugh! Frustrating!!!!

Only, and I mean ONLY silver lining...you could be in labor since 5a.m. with nothing "moving along."

My doctor today told me he hates doing OB, and as soon as these other docs move to Baudette he will quit doing them all together. Well, hi to you to and thanks for the warm fuzzies, ASS!

Anonymous said...

Oh No, Sorry to hear about your frustrating ordeal. unfortunately, I've come to expect that crap from Altru. But you already know I'm a hater...(uh, of Altru)
Well, I certainly hope things go well from here on out!
Poor little Aiden doesn't want to leave!

Anonymous said...

I'm part of the altru haters as well. I think this quote fits your situation, It also fits working at walmart during christmas seaon. "Hell is other people." -Sarte

ss69camaro said...

Hello all. I posted an update to how everything is going on my blog. Yeah I know...havent used that blog for a while, but I forgot to ask april for her password. Please take a look at it...it has been one hell of a scary day, but things are looking up a bit.

Jory and Kathy said...

Merry Christmas Ape!!! And I think you have the best present of all. Congrats :)